Mexican Open-Faced Sandwiches Molletes
- 1 can of Black Beans (we used S&W Organic)
- 1 lbs Chorizo Rojo or Chicken Don Felipe
- Salt to taste
- 3 Bolillo bread (if you do not want to leave your home you can also use sliced bread)
- Shredded Oaxacan Cheese (mozzarella or cheddar also work)
- Butter (at room temperature)
- Pico de Gallo
- Guacamole and cotija cheese (optional)
- In a blender add the canned beans and salt to taste. After blending, heat in a frying pan allowing them to thicken (like consistency of hummus). Set aside. In a separate pan cook your chorizo (set aside and keep warm) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bolillo in half (remove some of the bread from the middle of the bread halves to accommodate more toppings.
- Spread butter on each slice and top with shredded cheese of your choice.
Bake in a preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubby and the bread is crispy, 15 to 20 remove from the oven and Spread the beans on each slice of bread top with chorizo, pico de gallo, guacamole, and cotija cheese.