Chorizo Chili with Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Photo Credit: Taste of Home | Recipe Inspired by: Taste of Home
It's chili season! As we prepare for the holidays, enjoy yourself a delicious bowl of soup with some of your favorite chorizo! This recipe combines Green Chorizo ( Red or Chicken will do you fine) with sweet potatoes and black beans. Customize it to your liking. Prefer it mild? Hold the peppers. Want it extra cheesy? Add a cheese of your choice. Want to add a mexican twist? Top it with Queso Fresco.
- 1 pound Don Felipe Products Chorizo ( Red, Green, or Chicken )
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Optional: Chopped jalapenos, chopped red onion and crumbled queso fresco
In a large skillet, cook and stir the chorizo, onion, poblanos and jalapenos over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chorizo is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, beans, stock and spices; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in lime juice. If desired, top with chopped jalapenos, chopped red onion and crumbled queso fresco.