Spinach, Chorizo, and Cheese Quiche
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1/2 pound of Don Felipe's Fresh or Dry Chorizo
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, Chopped
4 Loosely Packed Cups of Spinach
1 Clove Garlic
2 Cups of Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF with a rack in the middle position.
- Heat your oil in the deepest saute pan that you have, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until just starting to turn translucent, stirring frequently (you don't want them to brown). Add the spinach, in handfuls, and cook down until the leaves are completely wilted. You may have to do this in batches. When the spinach is all added and wilted add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove the spinach from the heat and drain well. I do this by putting it in the center of an old kitchen towel and ringing it to get all the extra water out. If you don't get this water out, your quiche will turn out too runny. When it's all drained, give it a quick chop so that you don't have any really large leafs in the quiche. If using frozen chopped spinach you don't have to do this.
- Saute the Chorizo in a large sklilet over medium-high heat and cook until lightly browned and crisp. Once fully cooked, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs well. Add the salt, pepper, and cheese and stir to combine. Add the spinach mixture and the Chorizo, and give it another good whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a deep dish pie plate, and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the eggs are set. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.